PH slowly rising

Just tested the water

Since Monday, my PH has risen .1 7.5 to 7.6
Since Monday, my TA has risen 10 80 to 90

Maybe I am getting to wrapped up about it

I'll add 6 oz of MA to get my PH to 7.5 and TA to about 88 ish

My tap water tests at PH 7.2 which is good for my situation, like adding 3 inches of water is going make a difference :roll:

Take care
Rob

revstriker said:
Add me to the list of climbing PH. I use the BBB method and add bleach to the pool every day (probably averages around 60 ounces a day). About every other day, I need to add between 9 and 18 ounces of MA to get my PH down. I was aerating earlier in an attempt to keep the temp down, but that really didn't work well, and ended up with me just using more MA. This is the second year with the pool, and I didn't have this issue last year (using BBB). In fact, all last season I only used 3 gallons of MA. I'm already up to my 5th gallon this year. The only difference I know of this year is that the temps are higher and there has been less rain.

I normally bring my FC up to 5.0 every evening. By the next day, it's down to about 2.0. CC is normally zero. Sometimes I'll get a slight pink, but it's less than 0.5. TA is around 100. This keeps going down, and I have to bring it back up every couple of weeks with Baking Soda. CH is around 300 and CYA is around 35-40. Pool temp right now is around 92.

I haven't tested my fill water, and I have no idea how much water I'm using everyday as I also have an auto fill system.

Also, water is crystal clear, so I really don't have a concern, just a curiosity at this point.
Try letting your TA stay at 70-80 ppm and letting your pH settle in more at 7.7 and not add acid until it gets higher than that. This may help. I'm not sure why you didn't have this problem last year.

chem geek said:
revstriker said:
Add me to the list of climbing PH. I use the BBB method and add bleach to the pool every day (probably averages around 60 ounces a day). About every other day, I need to add between 9 and 18 ounces of MA to get my PH down. I was aerating earlier in an attempt to keep the temp down, but that really didn't work well, and ended up with me just using more MA. This is the second year with the pool, and I didn't have this issue last year (using BBB). In fact, all last season I only used 3 gallons of MA. I'm already up to my 5th gallon this year. The only difference I know of this year is that the temps are higher and there has been less rain.

I normally bring my FC up to 5.0 every evening. By the next day, it's down to about 2.0. CC is normally zero. Sometimes I'll get a slight pink, but it's less than 0.5. TA is around 100. This keeps going down, and I have to bring it back up every couple of weeks with Baking Soda. CH is around 300 and CYA is around 35-40. Pool temp right now is around 92.

I haven't tested my fill water, and I have no idea how much water I'm using everyday as I also have an auto fill system.

Also, water is crystal clear, so I really don't have a concern, just a curiosity at this point.
Try letting your TA stay at 70-80 ppm and letting your pH settle in more at 7.7 and not add acid until it gets higher than that. This may help. I'm not sure why you didn't have this problem last year.
Thanks, I will give that a try. As I said, I don't really see it as a problem, more of a curiosity. The pool has been clean, and maintenance (using BBB) has been a breeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.