PH rising

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
Hi All,
Just checking before I add anything to my sparklie pool. :) My Ph has slowly been rising. The dates and numbers are below:

6/20 7.5
6/27 7.6
6/29 7.8
7/6 8.1

And here are my other numbers:

FC 6.5
CC 0
TA 80 this is where we started the season so no change here
CH 75 started the season at 100 so a 25 drop
CYA 40

So do I just add acid and is it this percent (Hydrochloric acid, 20° Baume (31.45%)?
Don't know why it's drifting up, but it is.

Thanks so much!
Sherry

Thank you for the quick response! Do our other numbers look okay to you? Pool is clear and sparklie! CH went down a little since opening pool. Also just raised CYA from 30 to 40 and thinking about raising it to 50 to use less bleach in this hot 100+ desert we live in!
Sherry

Okay, great that it lasts. The only thing is, Bill bought a product called Klean Strip Green and it says it has 90% less fumes. I don't see a percentage on the bottle, but in the question and answer section it says it is 20% and 13 degrees baume. Is this okay to use or does it contain other stuff? The bottle has no info on it about that. I know it will just take more, but want to make sure before I put it in the pool that there is nothing else in it.
Thanks,
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the link.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Klean-Strip-Green-Muriatic-Acid-Gallon/20531315
Thanks,
Sherry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
you can interpolate or just use the 10 degree, 16% amount, add and recheck pH. i always use less than the calculated amount (except chlorine) so i dont overshoot. learned the hard way.
ps. thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.