PH Meters

An observation about the yellow ATC meter. It is very easy to accidentally leave it powered on and it does not have the auto power off that the Hanna meter does. When left on for a few days the ATC drifted way off reading in tne 9s for a PH of 7.8. I think the ATC calibration may drift as the battery power declines. With the pool season coming to an end it doesn’t pay to try new batteries. I will get a new meter next season.

So, 5 years ... just wondering how long they lasted. Any (new) recommendations for a cheapo meter?
I now have an Apera pH60.

No pH meter likes being idle and dry for 5 months while my pool is closed.

I mostly don’t bother with the meter and find the drop test adequate. The pH meter is helpful when I open my closed pool and water pH can be close to 9.

I have a digital pH meter for brewing beer, it's main use is to help me adjust pH from 5.5 to 5.2

With pools the difference between 7.2 and 7.4 is so small that the pH meters are not accurate. I've talked about this here before. Putting 2 drops of reagent in a sample is convenient enough anyway.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.