pH meter calibration confusing instructions

Christiane

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2022
North Las Vegas Nevada
I purchased the pH meter from TFT and need to calibrate it. Instructions:
If the required accuracy is +/- 0.1 ph, please calibrate the ph meterat 6.86 point.
If the required accuracy is +/- 0.1 ph, please calibrate the meter at three points (6.86 & 4.00 & 9.18)

????

I purchased the pH meter from TFT and need to calibrate it. Instructions:
If the required accuracy is +/- 0.1 ph, please calibrate the ph meterat 6.86 point.
If the required accuracy is +/- 0.1 ph, please calibrate the meter at three points (6.86 & 4.00 & 9.18)

????

Are you sure one isn't 0.1 and the other .01?

So there should have been a couple of packages of dry material with numbers like 6.86. You are supposed to mix that in a certain amount of distilled water to create a solution of 6.86pH water. You put the tester in the solution and adjust the meter until it matches solution.

So there should have been a couple of packages of dry material with numbers like 6.86. You are supposed to mix that in a certain amount of distilled water to create a solution of 6.86pH water. You put the tester in the solution and adjust the meter until it matches solution.
Yep that’s how mine was. But this seems more difficult than just using the 5 drops of red dye and just calling it close enough.

Reactions: proavia
I do understand the process. It is just unclear to me if I need to calibrate for one or all three numbers since they are listed with the same criteria.

I do understand the process. It is just unclear to me if I need to calibrate for one or all three numbers since they are listed with the same criteria.

If i had to guess, it's supposed to say for +/- .1 accuracy, only calibrate with 6.86 solution. If higher accuracy of .01 is needed, calibrate with all 3 solutions

Reactions: Christiane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.