PH level before the SLAM

0fdfc993f928d315517de06ab9adad15.jpg

Getting there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking so awesome! If say if you keep adding some bleach and mayb try adding a little baking soda. Bet it would clear right up.

Not sure if what I'm saying is agreeable to the pros in here but just a thought and some optimism tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Looking so awesome! If say if you keep adding some bleach and mayb try adding a little baking soda. Bet it would clear right up.

Not sure if what I'm saying is agreeable to the pros in here but just a thought and some optimism tho.

Baking soda only raises alkalinity and doesn't do much else. Once the SLAM is complete, we'll see what his full test results come out as and add chemicals accordingly.

Remember, the TFPC Method means adding nothing to the pool water that is not required based on test results. If his water needs alkalinity based on the TA test, then it should be added but ONLY when testing confirms so.

Steve - Awesome job man, I'm giving you an Ethernet high five right now.

welp... bit of a WARNING to others that read this thread. BE SURE TO KNOW YOUR LEVELS BEFORE ADDING BLEACH. The first weekend (waiting for my test kit) I overdosed my pool and I bleached my liner!! SMH.

I think a couple of mistakes i made was pouring to heavy and fast initially. On a positive note my pool is clear enough to see that i screwed up the pattern especially in front of the return stream. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

its not too terrible but its bad enough to be noticeable once my water is crystal clear.

ALSO be sure to measure you pool water depth when figuring how many gallons of water are in your pool. my pool dimensions are 30' round x 52" high but my water depth is only 48" (due to skimmer height) so I was factoring approximately 2K more gallons of water I did not have..

LESSON LEARNED. Listen to the ones that have been doing this awhile haha :oops:

Steve, things happen, but thanks for your candor and passing the lesson on to others to learn from. That is very good of you. :goodjob:

What did you find your FC to be when you ran the FAS DPD test? This can be a lesson for anyone reading and considering dosing to high FC levels in a liner pool.

05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Steve-in-VA
user-online.png

Senior MemberJoin DateMay 2015LocationSmithfield/VirginiaPosts135

[h=2]Re: PH level before the SLAM[/h]
Well I started my SLAM even without my TF100...is that a problem? Been using best guess/worst case scenario for pool math. I've added about 16 gallons of the 12.5% liquid chlorine since last night at 11. Started with 6 then added 4 more this morning then trickling in 2 every 2-3 hours. Should have full reading to post tomorrow. But I did test chlorine 3 times with the basic kit and my levels were way above the 5 range before adding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​

this is what I found...that through me off! WAY TOO MUCH CHLORINE in a DAY Since my test showed a 19 on 6-1-15...

05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Steve-in-VA
user-online.png

Senior MemberJoin DateMay 2015LocationSmithfield/VirginiaPosts135

[h=2]Re: PH level before the SLAM[/h]
Well I started my SLAM even without my TF100...is that a problem? Been using best guess/worst case scenario for pool math. I've added about 16 gallons of the 12.5% liquid chlorine since last night at 11. Started with 6 then added 4 more this morning then trickling in 2 every 2-3 hours. Should have full reading to post tomorrow. But I did test chlorine 3 times with the basic kit and my levels were way above the 5 range before adding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk​

this is what I found...that through me off! WAY TOO MUCH CHLORINE in a DAY Since my test showed a 19 on 6-1-15...
Same thing happened to me when I added bleach to my daughters kiddy pool to help prevent algae. Had to go back and empty half the watwr cuz she had said it was burning her eyes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you use pool calculator for the kiddie pool [emoji2]

----

Pool is pretty clear should be performing an overnight loss test tonight. To see where it's at as far as battling anything.

Pictures to be posted tomorrow though I'm rather upset at myself now I can clearly see faded parts of my liner

Ouch! Yeah, the liner damage is a real bummer and after so much excellent and hard work on your part these last few weeks :(

Is a replacement liner at the end of the swim season or next spring a possibility? Or are you just going to let it ride until you absolutely have to replace it?

Wife said just let it ride.... The pattern is not completely gone just noticeably faded in areas especially in the path of the return. But judging from the sides that's exposed above water line its not as bold a blue.

I have some areas to refill sand under the liner (sunk in spots and where puppy dug around the pool) so might be a thought to replace next year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Well, I think I'd be willing to say you've done a pretty awesome job rehabilitating that pool and getting it back to blue. I'm impressed with the whole process as you really kept at it and never let up. Your patience and tenacity is pretty impressive. I hope you have an awesome swim season with the pool and I for one would definitely subscribe to your future "liner replacement" thread ;)

Congrats!!

Sounds a lot like me Steve. With the pool store powdered shock (just pour it in around the edges), and me pouring bleach in way too fast. I have a one of a kind liner now. LOL.
The pipe that the laterals connect to was cracked, so till I got that fixed, I had cloudy water.

Nice work on the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.