pH down not working

neato5oh

Apr 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Several weeks ago I added a full 5lb bag of clorox pH down that I got from amazon last year. Didn't change the PH at all. A couple weeks ago I added another full bag that I'd just bought. That maybe dropped it .2. 4 days ago I added a full 5lb bag of pH down that I bought from the local pool store. That stuff made the pool insanely cloudy, but didn't change the pH AT ALL. Anyone know whats going on? pool is 40K plaster. levels are PH=7.8 TA=110 CH=200 TC=4 FC=3.5 CYA=56

Thanks for the replies. I'm using a Hach 17N test kit for the pH. I have muriatic that I can use but I like to use the dry stuff because in the past I've dumped it on the steps and really cleans up the stains (this didn't happen with the stuff I used this year). Maybe there's just a bunch of bad-batch dry acid in circulation? Was wondering if anyone else had good or bad stuff lately, and if good what brand and where did you buy it.

Dry acid adds sulfates which is also not something you want.

Safe Storage Conditions:

Store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards. Keep container tightly closed and properly labeled.

Material is hygroscopic and will readily absorb moisture.

DO NOT store dry product where exposed to moist conditions.

Keep separated from incompatible substances (see below or Section 10 of the Safety Data Sheet).

Incompatibilities/ Materials to Avoid:

Alkalis, Oxidizing agents, Acids

1691941486547.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.