PH automatic system won't automatically dispense ? Help please !!!

May 14, 2017
Charleston, SC
Hello
We have a Goldline pro logic system and also have the additional
sense and dispense with a CO2 tank for the adjustment of the PH
the system works good except for one irritating thing...
the red light comes on everyday that says
" check system press + to reset"
"PH Timeout- check feeder"

when the PH gets over 7.4, it needs to dispense CO2
but we have to go out there everyday and press the + button and reset it before
it will dispense the CO2
if we are out of town, the CO2 just keeps getting Higher because we are not here to press
the button. Every morning it will have the same error message
and won't dispense until we go out and press the button. Sometimes it's a couple of times in a day.
it just won't dispense automatically on its own???

what is wrong ? Why won't it just automatically dispense the CO2 and drop the PH
to the set level? When we press the button it starts dispensing and stops at the right level.
sometimes it's a couple of days before we reset because we are busy or gone. That's why we bought
the automatic system in the first place, so it would take care of itself
help !!!!

I never knew such a thing existed until just now.

So I googled it and checked the manual to see if there was a troubleshooting section. Found this

pH Feed Timeout
To protect the pool, the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic control will automatically shut
down pH control and display a "Check System" message if the AQL-CHEM2(-240) or
other pH dispensing device runs continuously for more than the selected timeout
value. This prevents a situation where the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic is constantly
feeding pH reducer because of a probe error or external problem with the pool and
allows the pool owner to evaluate the pool chemistry before continuing with pH
control. Use the "+" and "-" buttons to select a preset timeout value from 5 to 120
minutes. If the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic exceeds this pH Feed Timeout, it can be
reset in the Check System display.​

Maybe you just need to raise the timer limit.

"To protect the pool, the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic control will automatically shut
value. This prevents a situation where the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic is constantly
feeding pH reducer because of a probe error or external problem with the pool and
control. Use the "+" and "-" buttons to select a preset timeout value from 5 to 120
minutes. If the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic exceeds this pH Feed Timeout, it can be
reset in the Check System display."​

Ok I will change the timer,
but just to be clear. It doesn't KEEP running. It won't start running ( or dispensing)
at All !
i have to push the button to get it to start dispensing
and then the light comes on again...everyday, same thing, with the light coming on
and NOT dispensing
then I push the button and it resets it and it will dispense until its 7.5 again
but next day or sometime later. The system will trip the light again.

i need it to just come on and dispense automatically.
thats the problem.
thanks for your help

I had the same issue with mine and just increased the time and haven't had a issue since. I'm using a Stenner pump feeding acid on my sense and dispense, how big of a co2 tank are using, that's what I wanted but no one near me to supply tank refills. Hopefully the time increase will work for y'all cause I know it's a pain resetting it all the time.

Salty

"To protect the pool, the Aqua Rite Pro or Pro Logic control will automatically shut
reset in the Check System display."​

Ok I will change the timer,
but just to be clear. It doesn't KEEP running. It won't start running ( or dispensing)
at All !
i have to push the button to get it to start dispensing
and then the light comes on again...everyday, same thing, with the light coming on
and NOT dispensing
then I push the button and it resets it and it will dispense until its 7.5 again
but next day or sometime later. The system will trip the light again.

i need it to just come on and dispense automatically.
thats the problem.
thanks for your help
Right. The way I understand it, the sensor reads pH and the brain starts it dispensing. But there's a safety in there that stops it dispensing if it runs longer than your pre programmed timer, so it doesn't empty the tank and destroy your pool with excess acidity. When it dispenses longer than is programmed as the limit, it shuts off and sets the alarm. At that point, you're supposed to stop and check for the problem, like the sensor out of whack or the tank is empty, and then fix it and reset it. If it's set to 5 minutes and you need 8 minutes to dispense, it'll trip it every single day.

Start your troubleshooting by raising the cutoff timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.