Jun 11, 2018
League City, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My pool is about 3-months old. I slowly brought my chemicals up to recommended levels. I’ve been doing everything the TFP way but I have a couple of questions today.

1) I read a lot about pH creeping up with new plaster. However, once I got my chemicals balanced(after about a month), I have added very little acid. I’ve only added acid twice in the past month and only a couple of ounces each time. My pH has held steady at 7.8 for the last two months. I even have a spillover spa that spills over whenever the pump is running in pool mode. Kinda thought the aeration and new plaster would drive the pH up like crazy. Just to be sure I’m seeing the right color, I will sometimes ask my wife to tell me what pH she sees and it’s the same. Is this normal or could I be doing something wrong?

2) I did a full round of tests today and my TA was 100. Two weeks ago when I tested it, it was 90. I have added no chemicals. Is it possible for my TA to go up without adding any chemicals or should I retest?

Here are my complete results for today:
pH 7.8
FC. 4
CC. 0.5
TC. 4.5
CH. 300
TA. 100
CYA. 60
Water temp 76
CSI. 0.04

I’m probably just being anal, but hey, that’s me.
Thanks for any input!

James

Be happy your pool is holding a steady pH. That is not indicative of any problems.

Do you have an autofill? what is the pH, TA & CH of your fill water?

You have any rain lately?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy the pH is holding steady. It’s just that with everything I’ve read about new plaster and spillover spas, I expected to be constantly adding acid. I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t doing something wrong.

I don’t have a auto fill. I did add some water about a week and a half ago.

Fill water:
pH 7.8
CH. 125
TA. 90

We’ve had one heavy rain in the past month like a week ago.

Thanks!

You fill water and rain water may be affecting your pH & TA.

I would not be concerned about either. Enjoy your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.