Permanently seal a 3 way valve?

Aug 22, 2010
Hello!
I have a jandy 3 way valve that is leaking-I've replaced all seals and lid and its still leaks. It appears it is leaking from a "dent" in the housing (looks like it was from a screwdriver). Anyway the bottom half of the housing it buried in concrete and I don't want to rip up the concrete until this winter. I would like to use some sort of sealant to repair this until I can rip it all out and replace this winter. What kind of sealant should I use?
Thanks in advance.

The valve on the suction side or pressure side of your pump?

Post a pic of what needs to be sealed.

Your pic is too small for me to see the area you want to seal.

Sealing a leak on the pressure side is more difficult as the sealant needs to resist the water pressure.

Like I said, I cannot clearly see where the crack you are trying to fill is to comment. And apparently neither can other folks.

You need something that can stand the water pressure and adhere to the plastic surfaces. You may want to try epoxy pool putty. Although it is normally used for leaks flowing out so it does not need to withstand pressure.

As Allen said, the pic is kinda small to be able to see what's going on. I would consider some J-B marine weld, but without seeing the leak up close I can't guarantee that it would work and it will likely ruin the valve for other repairs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.