Permanent electric outlet for Intex pump

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
My project for the weekend weather pending is to run a permanent outlet to my pump. Right now it is plugged into a outdoor electrical outlet mounted on the side of my house. It is a dedicated 20 amp circuit. I was going to run 1/2 inch schedule 40 pvc conduit that is made for going underground 18 inches underground starting at the original electrical outlet and ending at a post that has another outdoor outlet and a PVC box. All of this will be glued with the exception of the original box because it has a screw in connection for the pvc. I will be running 12/2 outdoor wire in the conduit which will be connected to the load side of the original GFCI mounted on my house. I just want to make sure this all sounds right. The new outlet will also be a GFCI. I would imagine that the post would be about 2 feet deep and was thinking about using something like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sika-33-fl-oz-Fence-Post-Mix-483503/205671519 instead of concrete to save the trouble of miking the concrete.

By “outdoor” wire if you’re referring to uf style cable it is not legal to run in conduit. You must either run seperate conductors in conduit or you can direct bury the uf cable and use short sections of conduit coming up out of the ground.

By “outdoor” wire if you’re referring to uf style cable it is not legal to run in conduit. You must either run seperate conductors in conduit or you can direct bury the uf cable and use short sections of conduit coming up out of the ground.

Thanks for mentioning that. I was not sure and was going back to Home Depot today. So I'll get the right kind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.