Perma salt

Welcome to TFP.

Why do you want to add copper to your pool which will turn blonde hair green and eventually stain the pool?

We never recommend copper in pool water. NEVER!

Reactions: Mdragger88
And once it starts causing issues you cannot remove it without draining. My kids turned green at a neighbors house back when. I saw it with my own eyes. They also got rashes from the 'lower chlorine needed to sanitize' because that is an industry lie.

This is one of my biggest beefs with the pool store. They sell you something that they test for with a very low threshold of being OK. But here, dump a bunch more in. That will be $200. Ohhhhhhhh. Jeez, you're copper is above 4ppm. You need to drain the pool. Here is your new copper bar, a bunch of PH up, 45 lbs of calcium, 6 bags of shock, 2 quarts of algecide and some snake oil 17-in-1 pool Rx. That will be $412. See ya next week.

Welcome to tfp @Sbus325 🤗
Do yourself a favor & disconnect that system. You can replace it with an actual salt water chlorine generator that will actually introduce proper amounts of sanitizer into your pool daily or in the meantime use liquid chlorine. We follow the FC/CYA Levels.
All that unit does is release copper into the water, it is not a swg - when the amount of copper builds up to .2 or.3 the copper will start oxidizing when proper amounts of chlorine are introduced & stains, green fingernails & hair & green water will be the result. Think of Lady Liberty’s fate🗽.
At this point the only way to eliminate/reduce the copper is to replace the water with fresh.
This whole “system” relies upon the use of expensive algeacides (which may keep your water clear but clear doesn’t mean sanitary, they are also just a preventative & will do nothing once you have algea), random dichlor doses which can raise cya rapidly leading to under sanitized water if the fc/cya relationship isn’t maintained, & fancy oxidizers (which don’t sanitize they just oxidize) all so you can feel better about maintaining low, inadequate chlorine levels. The salt is just there for “feel” it has no bearing on how the system operates. Although it may help reduce some of the irritation caused by the myriad of expensive chems needed to “maintain” the system.
Chlorine is both an oxidizer & a sanitizer-
It’s a much simpler & absolutely effective route when used in proper amounts & eliminates the need for all these other potions.
To get started & break free from this system all you need to do now is remove the unit (turning it off is ok but removal is best) & dose daily with liquid chlorine according to the FC/CYA Levels.
PoolMath can help with calculating amounts.
A proper test kit (tf100 or Taylor k2006) is a must so you can know your cya level as well as get accurate fc & cc measurements.
Here’s some info on keeping your pool sanitary 👇

If u have questions just ask 😊
Fwiw- I have a Family Leisure pool & I adamantly declined the permasalt system, instead I got wedding cake steps.

• Love
Reactions: dfwnoob and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.