Pentair Warrior Si - Spends Most of its Time in Deep End?

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When I run our Warrior Si cleaner, I always seem to see it in the deep end of the pool. Even if I start it in the shallow, it tends to go straight to the deep end right away.

I thought maybe it's just when I happen to go out and look at it, so I decided to do a time-lapse video of it performing a clean. I set it to a "quick clean" for this video, which just means it won't climb the walls. It's still supposed to vacuum the floor as normal though.

Does this seem right to you guys? The video is only 31 seconds long, but the cleaning cycle was a full hour. It seems to stay in the deep end, and go back and forth ... it does come up to the shallow a couple of times, but not nearly as much as I thought it would; especially considering the shallow end is a much greater % of the floor area than the deep end.

Does seem a bit odd, but perhaps you could record the next 5 or so runs in a similar manner and see if the behavior repeats. If it does, contact the manufacturer or whomever you purchased it from.
Don't forget that although the shallow end may be a greater % of floor space, walls take longer in the deep end.

How steep is the transition from the deep to shallow end? If it is steep, maybe the cleaner thinks it is beginning to climb a wall when heading for the shallow end, so it reverses direction back to the deep end. Does it stay in the deep end when not in quick clean mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.