LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Stockton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This pool cleaner has been serving us well for the past 3 years. The only problem is that its movement through the pool causes the electrical cable to get twisted and wound up so badly that it cannot move freely. Every week I have to remove the cable from the control panel and unwind the cable by laying it on the ground.
It seems there is something wrong in its programming that it keeps going in circles to wind up the cable. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
EDIT: corrected error, every week, not 6 months.

Last edited:
Did you really mean 6 months? Mine definitely ends up with a twist or two each run, always the same direction, that results in visible tangling after a few runs.

Does yours have a swivel (white cylinder in the cord a few feet from the robot? It seems the swivel doesn't always keep it from tangling in the first place (perhaps not enough rotational tension), but it works great for clearing it. After seeing a tip here, now when I'm going to take it out to clean it I leave it plugged in and just walk from controller, holding the cable straight as I go along. It'll twist up more in front of me, but as I get closer to the robot, it finally rotates at the swivel so by the time I get to the robot to pull it out of the water the cable is straight. Takes just a few seconds (that I'd likely have to do to get the robot out anyway).

For me the hose bibb I clean at is on the opposite end of the pool so I end up there so easy to see it's straight, and I put the robot right back in there (I leave it in all the time). You can do the same if pulling out on the same side -- but if you're coiling the cable on the deck or a caddy make sure to do it over/under, otherwise you're either adding or preserving the twists.

That's a lot easier than what I was doing at first, unplugging and straightening from the robot end, having the plug spin into the water, and having to re-plug it.

Did you really mean 6 months? Mine definitely ends up with a twist or two each run, always the same direction, that results in visible tangling after a few runs.

Does yours have a swivel (white cylinder in the cord a few feet from the robot? It seems the swivel doesn't always keep it from tangling in the first place (perhaps not enough rotational tension), but it works great for clearing it. After seeing a tip here, now when I'm going to take it out to clean it I leave it plugged in and just walk from controller, holding the cable straight as I go along. It'll twist up more in front of me, but as I get closer to the robot, it finally rotates at the swivel so by the time I get to the robot to pull it out of the water the cable is straight. Takes just a few seconds (that I'd likely have to do to get the robot out anyway).

For me the hose bibb I clean at is on the opposite end of the pool so I end up there so easy to see it's straight, and I put the robot right back in there (I leave it in all the time). You can do the same if pulling out on the same side -- but if you're coiling the cable on the deck or a caddy make sure to do it over/under, otherwise you're either adding or preserving the twists.

That's a lot easier than what I was doing at first, unplugging and straightening from the robot end, having the plug spin into the water, and having to re-plug it.
Thank you for sharing. I’ve corrected my error and will try your method next time. Having a working robot cleaner saves so much of work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.