Pentair Warrior SE is tangling and eating my cord.

SlipperyPete

Sep 19, 2020
Baton Rouge, LA
I've had this cleaner since November 2020. Until about two months ago, I rarely had any issues with the cord. But now it is tying itself into a knot at least once a week and the cord gets pulled through the front roller pretty often. I can usually pull the cord out and get it untwisted/untangled in less than 5-10 minutes. However, it recently was so bad that I spent an hour trying to undo the knot. It is also not practical b/c it basically sidelines the cleaner until I get it sorted. I work long hours so I'm not outside at the pool every day. The cleaner went from being virtually worry-free (minus cleaning out the debris) to now I'm dealing with the cord 1-2 times per week. Any suggestions?

Something must have changed with the amount or way you lay cord I would think, as long as it's still floating. I know the exact length of cord my robot uses to reach long end, and only let that much in pool. That way, as it makes loops in the cord from short range turns, every time it goes to long end the cord is getting taut again and makes the swivel work better.

Last edited:
Does the robot stay in the water 24/7?
Yes except when we swim.

See if your swivel is working.

sdv
I will check this. I've honestly never paid much attention to it. Any suggestions/tips on what I should look for. How free should it swivel?

eta: I checked the swivel. I was able to pull it apart and turn it manually. However, it doesn't seem to move very freely. It's hard to describe, but I could turn it with my hand yet it didn't feel like it would turn very freely in the water.

Last edited:
Yes except when we swim.

I will check this. I've honestly never paid much attention to it. Any suggestions/tips on what I should look for. How free should it swivel?

eta: I checked the swivel. I was able to pull it apart and turn it manually. However, it doesn't seem to move very freely. It's hard to describe, but I could turn it with my hand yet it didn't feel like it would turn very freely in the water.
Same. I don't think the swivel swivels at all, so the cord gets tangled every time it's used. Pretty disappointed with this major deficiency in an otherwise good robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.