pentair vs3050 and mechanical on/off timers

Jun 9, 2010
Hello,

I have two mechanical clocks...1 for my circ pump, and the other for my booster. My plan is to directly replace my current 1.5 hayward super pump 2 with a pentair vs 3050. I plan to automate later on using valve actuators, etc. Anyone see issues with this arrangement?

The mode of operation in mind is to circulate a minimum of 10-12 hours during the spring and fall and probably longer in the heat of summer. I am currently operating 2 hours per day on the 1.5hp hayward with really good water chemistry. I do have issues picking up enough heat from my blanket due to the short run time. I also have the tier 4 and tier 5 blues (thank you PUC of California). This at best is 12,000 estimated gallons turned but it seems to be plenty given the light load. I am certainly open to suggestions here but want to focus on how the new pumps interface with my current system.

Will the 3050 remember the speed setting it previously ran? Thanks everyone!

I called up pentair at 800 831 7133. They indicate that the vs 3050 pump restarts at the speed it was previously set to for the mechanical timer scenario. This sounds logical and certainly is the way I'd design it. If anyone else can chime in with different information or real world experience please do so. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.