Pentair Vs Jandy Equipment (Pump, Remote, Salt Chlorinator, Lights, etc)

RESISTENCIA13

May 21, 2015
Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hello all!

SO I am building a new home and need advice as to the equipment for the new pool. Currently I have Jandy equipment, which I had many issues with the control system and salt Chlorinator. Is Pentair any better? I have quotes from different contractors and now I am trying to pick a contractor and equipment as one uses Jandy and the other Pentair. My experience with Jandy was not the greatest, but I know one can always do best or worst. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

r,

I have three Pentair Automation systems ( EasyTouch, IntelliFlo VS pumps, and Intellichlor IC40 SWCGs) and love them... I would recommend them to anyone interested in automation..

That said I have had two issues... One of the three IC40 had an intermittent issue that was fixed when cell was replaced under warranty. I had a different IC40 that had a failed flow switch that I replaced as that cell was out of warranty... I also had a lightening strike that took out the main board in the EasyTouch, which was also repaired under warranty, but that failure was certainly not a Pentair issue..

One system has been running 24/7 for over five years, one over four years, and one for over three and a half years...

I said the above because I think all automation systems have the possibility of failure.. I suspect the failure rate is about the same no matter if they are Hayward, Jandy or Pentair..

I would be interested to know what failures you were having??? Were they actual 'failures' or was the system just under-designed, as in having too small a salt cell, or just not designed to do what you wanted or needed...?

I always recommend Pentair because it is what I have and what I understand... I find Jandy products confusing, but I suspect that is because I have not spent the time to really understand them..

I always like to say... "All the other brands are almost as good as Pentair. :poke:

Not sure that helped, but it is all I've got... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks for the comment. I have had my new pool for 4 seasons now and since first year had issues with the fusion soft chlorinator. It will stop working for days, it will shutdown due to high salinity(although salinity was good). The cell, sensors, boards and other parts have been replaced, but still today I still cannot trust the reading as it keeps going up without me adding any salt. The control system does not work at times. Jandy claims issue is a signal issue, but I doubt it as I have tried using it right next to the antenna and still will not work at times. Hence I am looking for alternatives.

r,

I have three Pentair Automation systems ( EasyTouch, IntelliFlo VS pumps, and Intellichlor IC40 SWCGs) and love them... I would recommend them to anyone interested in automation..

That said I have had two issues... One of the three IC40 had an intermittent issue that was fixed when cell was replaced under warranty. I had a different IC40 that had a failed flow switch that I replaced as that cell was out of warranty... I also had a lightening strike that took out the main board in the EasyTouch, which was also repaired under warranty, but that failure was certainly not a Pentair issue..

One system has been running 24/7 for over five years, one over four years, and one for over three and a half years...

I said the above because I think all automation systems have the possibility of failure.. I suspect the failure rate is about the same no matter if they are Hayward, Jandy or Pentair..

I would be interested to know what failures you were having??? Were they actual 'failures' or was the system just under-designed, as in having too small a salt cell, or just not designed to do what you wanted or needed...?

I always recommend Pentair because it is what I have and what I understand... I find Jandy products confusing, but I suspect that is because I have not spent the time to really understand them..

I always like to say... "All the other brands are almost as good as Pentair. :poke:

Not sure that helped, but it is all I've got... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

r,

Jandy makes some good SWCGs but the Fusion Soft version is not what I consider to be one of them... :(

I love Pentair, but I suspect you will get plenty of our members saying they love their Jandy systems..

No matter which brand you use, make sure that your SWCG is rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool as a minimum... Bigger is almost always better.

And that it contains no metal or mineral cartridges... ever!!!

Thanks for the feedback,

Jim R.

Jandy SWGs seem to be their weak-link. Their entire line is under-powered with the largest cell only producing 1.25lbs of chlorine gas per day. Like Jim, I don’t know their automation system but I suspect it’s fine once you learn it’s particular oddities.

I have Pentair as well and it has performed well for me for 5 seasons. Unlike Jim, I am a troglodyte and I use the old-school 8-button RF remote while most others use Screamlogic. I’ve heard Screamlogic is wonderful and will make your wildest dreams come true. Being a curmudgeon, I don’t dream, so there’s no need to invest in it....

The control system does not work at times. Jandy claims issue is a signal issue, but I doubt it as I have tried using it right next to the antenna and still will not work at times. Hence I am looking for alternatives.

Res,

I am not a pool expert; just another owner with Jandy products. Not sure the details of your issue above, but wanted to mention that the iAqualink antenna is supposed to have issues if it's installed within some number of feet (6? or 10?) from interfering equipment such as an air blower, etc. That could cause a signal issue even if you were standing right next to the unit.

Have you tried relocating the antenna to see if the signal issue gets better?

I do have an air blower for my spa within 3 feet from Antenna. Pool builder did relocate the antenna, but still within 3 feet. Unfortunately, my current yard is too small so no much can be done about the spacing between blower and antenna. However, since I am moving soon to a house where space will not be an issue I will make sure the antenna is far from blower next time.

Thank you all for the feedback!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.