Pentair VS 3050 replaced with 350305. Now automation issues with easy touch

abarclay68

Nov 29, 2021
California
Hi Folks,
This is my first post. I tried to search the forum before posting and found one post from 2020 that seems to apply.
I had a VS3050 pump that died (the casing rotted most likely due to a leaky seal, but I digress). I bought a used pentair pump with part number 350305 (is this a VSF?) and swapped it in for the 3050. Plugged in the serial connection and the basics seem to work. (Original 3050 RS-485 had 5 pins and the new one has 2 but I understand that this is ok as only two are used?).
I have a few problems with the automation.
When I turn on the spa, it doesn't turn on the pump. When I turn on the waterfall, it turns on the pump but to a different rpm.
I'm starting to think that I might need to flash the firmware on the easy touch. Hopefully, I don't need to replace it completely.
Here are all the relevant versions:
Easy touch 8
Soft: 2.060
Boot: 1.010

I have the pentair screenlogic installed - version 5.2 build 738.0.
Anyone have any ideas on what I should do in order to get the spa and water features working again?

Thanks,
Andy

A,

Notice the difference between my pump page and yours...

None of your circuits have any speeds assigned.

If you want the pool to run at 2000 RPM, you must tell the pump that. Notice how each of my circuits has a speed assigned.

Please let me know if that does not make any sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,
For some reason, I thought the intelligence (speeds, gpm, etc) would be stored on the easytouch not on the pump.

The waterfall works well now. The pump still doesn't turn on when I select spa - but I have a service light on my heater so it seems I have a different problem with the spa that needs more investigation.

Thanks for the assistance!

Andy

For some reason, I thought the intelligence (speeds, gpm, etc) would be stored on the easytouch not on the pump.

A,

All the info to run the pump IS stored in the EasyTouch, NOT in the pump. The pages I showed above are from the EasyTouch.

Your system will never work unless you assign pump speeds in the EasyTouch/ScreenLogic.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.