Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Moved from here.
I am new to this game and I also have a Pentair Ultratemp HP that seems like a huge, expensive "boat anchor" at this point. However, it seems to be operating if I manally turn it on, but will not work from the Pentair app. I have an Inteconnect system so I know the RS 485 connection is a no-go. Only 2 setting left on the front of the HP: Remote off, or Relay. Any one know which is correct? Neither will communicate with the intelleconnect. I also read in the Pentair manual that I have to Press Relay 1 and Relay 2 simultaneously for 3 seconds to "activate the heater" . Then I will get a Demand Response light? What does that do? I need some advice if anyone has dealt with this issue, please. In ther meantime, I ran the HP in 80* weather yesterday for 8 hours and no temperature change at all. Is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you wire the IntelliConnect to the Ultratemp?

2 wire connection from SPA and COM spade terminals on Ultratemp to Heater connection on IntelliConnect?

What pump do you have?

How is the pump setup in the IntelliConnect configuration?

Simultaneously pressing and holding the Relay 1 and Relay 2 buttons for 3 seconds will activate the heater while IntelliConnect is in Service Mode. The Demand Response LED will illuminate amber. You only need to do this if you want to operate the heater in SERVICE mode. In NORMAL mode you raise the heat set point greater then the water temperature to run the heater.

Did you set the POOL and SPA temperatures on the Ultratemp to their maximum?

At the heater control panel, set both the Pool and
Spa thermostats to maximum desired temperatures
and select either Pool or Spa run mode.
Note: If temperatures set at the heater control
panel are lower than those set in the Pentair Home
app, the heater will not heat above the heater
control panel settings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.