Pentair Superflo VS - No LED

Apr 25, 2017
Coastal, WA
Hi All,

I have a Pentair Superflo VS 342001. I bought and installed in May 2017. It ran great all summer, I got my pool dialed in and beautiful.

I was out of town for 4 days last August (2017) and came home to find the pump dead. By dead I mean the LED was not lit up. I had it on a dedicated circuit, so back to the breaker to check if it was tripped, nope.

I called Pentair and they told me to check the amperage at the pump. Which I did and even had an electrician do as well. It was getting 118V and 19.2A at the load/line wires. Seemed to be within spec to me. So, we were done swimming at that point and I didn't really look at it during the winter. Last week my electrician and I unhooked the pump and installed it in the shop right next to the circuit on a test lead. Same thing, the power at the drive was within spec but the LED was out, could not detect any power on the motor side of the drive.

I did all of the other trouble shooting, rotate the motor, pump, blow everything out etc.

Any ideas?
Any leads?

If I have to buy a new pump should I go with a different brand? I would expect a Pentair motor driver to run longer than 3 months.

Pentair customer service is hard to reach (busy signal almost all the time). Any suggestions for different contact points?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Not sure I understand what's going on - how are you reading an amperage draw if the pump is dead?

Sounds like a bad pump/controller. Is the pump not still under the Pentair 3 years warranty?

True point. I did not test draw (AMPs) because it draws nothing now. Voltage was good.

Pentair told me I could not get the warranty as I installed it myself. Which is odd, because it is a very simple installation.

I will try some local dealers. There are not many very close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.