Pentair Superflo VS motor replacement

RBhiking

Jan 28, 2021
Arizona
Hi,

New to the forum. I have a 4 year old Pentair Superflo VS pump with a noisy motor that most likely developed due to the seal leaking which I just noticed while investigating the noise. The pool repair tech is recommending a full pump replacement which I just can't justify so I am looking at options. The two I have come up with are the following, replacing the seal (PS-3867 or PS-1901) and O-rings at the same time with either option.

1. Order a Pentair motor, part number 353134S, and use original drive.
2. Order a V-Green motor with drive from Inyo Pools, part number ECM16SQU.

I like option 1 the best but am concerned using the same drive with a new motor. Has anyone else done this successfully?

Is there any opinion going the V-Green motor/drive replacement? Are they reliable?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Welcome to TFP.

Qauite a few folks here have the V-green motor on their pumps. I think @setsailsoon is one of them.

While you are waiting for him to arrive you might want to browse through these threads...

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Palm City/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
RB

As Allen said I had a similar decision over a year ago but with a Jandy pump. It was an easy call for me to go with the V-Green motor that gave me VS capability and very easy to automate. If the pump end was over 10 years old I think I'd have gone with a full new pump. I think your pump end is better quality than my Jandy so the decision would be even easier to use the V-Green option in your case. I'm thrilled with performance of the motor, and ease of installation.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.