Pentair Superflo VS motor replacement

RBhiking

Jan 28, 2021
Arizona
Hi,

New to the forum. I have a 4 year old Pentair Superflo VS pump with a noisy motor that most likely developed due to the seal leaking which I just noticed while investigating the noise. The pool repair tech is recommending a full pump replacement which I just can't justify so I am looking at options. The two I have come up with are the following, replacing the seal (PS-3867 or PS-1901) and O-rings at the same time with either option.

1. Order a Pentair motor, part number 353134S, and use original drive.
2. Order a V-Green motor with drive from Inyo Pools, part number ECM16SQU.

I like option 1 the best but am concerned using the same drive with a new motor. Has anyone else done this successfully?

Is there any opinion going the V-Green motor/drive replacement? Are they reliable?

Welcome to TFP.

Qauite a few folks here have the V-green motor on their pumps. I think @setsailsoon is one of them.

While you are waiting for him to arrive you might want to browse through these threads...

RB

As Allen said I had a similar decision over a year ago but with a Jandy pump. It was an easy call for me to go with the V-Green motor that gave me VS capability and very easy to automate. If the pump end was over 10 years old I think I'd have gone with a full new pump. I think your pump end is better quality than my Jandy so the decision would be even easier to use the V-Green option in your case. I'm thrilled with performance of the motor, and ease of installation.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.