Pentair Superflo VS 342001 - Blank Control panel

Burkhard

May 19, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
This morning I noticed my water was not moving in the pool. I found the pump was not running so I went through standard attempts to start the prime cycle, quick clean, etc. Nothing happened. I powered off the pump at the breaker, waited a few minutes, powered back on at the breaker, and all LEDs light up green and stay solid. No button sequence seems to make a difference. I've tried the 1, with the up and down arrows, and the 1,2,3,quick clean all together as well.

I have noticed that when I flip the breaker, the LEDs on the panel stay lit for 10-15 seconds as the power drains from a capacitor someplace I assume. During that time, the display will suddenly show up and begin cycling through program info as though it wants to work. I've tried restoring power during that time and as soon as the breaker is back on the display goes blank, the LEDs all light up again, and the whole unit is unresponsive again. I've also noticed that during the 10-15 second power down it will also display some information about a release version - something like rel 9.1.0.1 or something close to this.

I want to say that the very first time I tried to get a response from the panel that I briefly saw an 0021 error. I've checked the impeller, the baskets, etc and nothing is stuck in there. I've also turned the shaft from the back of the motor and it turns freely.

With all that, has anyone ever experienced anything similar? I'm considering replacing the control panel, but before spending several hundred dollars I thought I'd float this out to the group. Thanks in advance.

Phil
Moved from here.. Pentair Superflo VS 342001 - Control panel LEDs all solid & panel not responsive

Our control panel not displaying either. Not finding any helpful answers

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!
Can you provide some more information? Is there power to the pump? How old is the pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.