Pentair Sta-Rite Water Flow Issues

Jun 21, 2017
Plymouth/MN
Morning all and Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate!

Pump was not pulling water through with occasional air bubbles coming out of one return jet. The water in the filter basket was hot when I first realized it wasn't pumping water through.

Talked to the local pool store and they thought it was the impeller so I replaced it yesterday. Pump ran great yesterday evening after replacement around 12 PSI and very little air bubble in the filter basket. This morning I am having the same issues as earlier this week where it will not pump. Note that the pump runs on low speed overnight, I believe when it kicks into high speed in the morning is when it is failing. Can't get it to prime again and have tried adding water to the filter basket prior to starting.

The first time this happened was the first day I added stabilizer (dry, in a sock, in the skimmer). When I started the pump again last night I squeezed the sock a bit to get the stabilizer flowing through the system a bit. Could this be causing my pump to fail? Any other ideas why this would be happening?

Let’s go ahead and chalk this one up to inexperience. There was some air getting into the filter basket. Fixed that and fixed the problem. Likely didn’t need to replace the impeller but now I know more about my pump and motor which I guess isn’t a bad thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.