Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Read a ton of posts but nothing really mentioned my issues.
Over last weekend we had a lightning strike that fried my main router. The SL PA was on a meshed router opposite exterior wall where panel is. Everything worked fine until that day.
So I could run my wifi items on the mesh routers side of the house, I took it off mesh and made it my main until I get my new main router in. Wifi works just fine. When I plug the PA in, ethernet lights do nothing. I have did the 3 button press, cycled power, etc.
The ethernet ports work, because I can plug a laptop into them no issues.
I tried to connect direct to my main modem, same issues as router.
I connected directly to my PC to find ip address, which I cannot, and the lights work correctly but I cannot connect to the PA at all.
Lights on wireless bridge are working as expected. The PA will not connect to any router or the modem 4 port router.
I am at wits end with trying to figure this thing out.

Does your new router have the identical DHCP IP range and DNS settings as your old fried router?

Did you try resetting the PA by pressing the RESET button quickly 3 times? The Screenlogic adapter must have a firmware version of 5.2.736 or above for the reset functionality to work. Previous firmware versions does NOT support resetting to clear its IP settings, so don't keep trying.

Does your new router have the identical DHCP IP range and DNS settings as your old fried router?

Did you try resetting the PA by pressing the RESET button quickly 3 times? The Screenlogic adapter must have a firmware version of 5.2.736 or above for the reset functionality to work. Previous firmware versions does NOT support resetting to clear its IP settings, so don't keep trying.
New router will be here tomorrow. I did have to change the IP range and DNS on the previously meshed router that I tried for now. I do recall ip range being 192.168.1. So I did set that up. Still nothing

firmware is 5.2.738

The thing that stumps me is the lights indicating ethernet connection only stay on when connected directly to my pc. They do not stay on connected to ATT modem ports or my Asus router.
Wrong IP or not in PA, the lights should still come on. Right? I would have I would just have connection issues with SL connect software.

New router will be here tomorrow. I did have to change the IP range and DNS on the previously meshed router that I tried for now. I do recall ip range being 192.168.1. So I did set that up. Still nothing

firmware is 5.2.738

The thing that stumps me is the lights indicating ethernet connection only stay on when connected directly to my pc. They do not stay on connected to ATT modem ports or my Asus router.
Wrong IP or not in PA, the lights should still come on. Right? I would have I would just have connection issues with SL connect software.

Which lights are you talking about? On the PA or on the PC/router/switch?

The behavior of the lights vary with the PC/router/switch.

I don't have a PA to try seeing what you are seeing.

I don't have a PA to try seeing what you are seeing.
Here is a pic while it is connected directly to my PC. That light indicates ethernet is connected. Other light is off because I cannot directly communicate to the PA.
Taking that same cable and removing it from PC and connect directly to ATT modem, right next to it, that light does not come on at all. It does not come one when connected to my Asus router either. For some reason it is not recognizing I am even connecting it to a router, but recognizes my PC... Makes no sense to me at all.

1711126238441.png

I would not put much meaning on the light as the PC ethernet chipset may behave a bit differently then the router/switch chipsets.

There is no standard behavior for those indicating lights.