Pentair ScreenLogic Question

May 2, 2018
Linwood/NJ
I want to put in the pentair easytouch with screenlogic so I can control my pool with my phone. I also think it will give me better control over the pool, how often the pump runs etc, and I also would like to be able to control the deck jets as well through a control panel so if people are swimming and want to turn those on it's easy to do so.

Right now the deck jets are simply controlled by a ball valve, so when the pump is running I turn the ball valve to allow the deck jets to shoot water. I'm curious to know how I can go about setting it up so that when I press a button on the easytouch or through the screenlogic interface on my phone I can turn that feature on or off.

Just getting started looking into this, but it seems like I might need to install an actuator somewhere to allow this to happen?

Also I have Jandy valves that control suction from the attached spa or the skimmer along with returns into the spa or pool. Can I do the same for those so I can control when the pool is sucking from one vs the other and returning water to either? When people are using the Spa and I turn the heater on, I turn the valve so it's only sucking water from the spa and returning to the spa, and it would be awesome to simply push a button that does those things plus turns the heater on.

Thank you for any help in responding or pointing me to article or documentation where I can learn more about this.

Mallen,

Any valve you want to automate must be a Jandy style valve and each valve will need an actuator. EasyTouch systems come in two basic types.. One is called a single body system and is used when the pool does not have a spa.. If you have a pool with attached spa, you will need the Pool AND Spa model.. This model will automatically switch operation between the pool mode and spa mode.. It also allows you to install two additional valve actuators.. One of them could be used to control your deck jets. The EasyTouch can also control the heater..

I would recommend this package... Pentair EasyTouch 4 System Pool and Spa 520538

You will also need to buy the actuators that you will need.

And... ScreenLogic P/N 522104

This assumes, you do not want a saltwater system...

Thanks.

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for the help! Do you have a link to the actuators I will need for this? I assume I will need an actuator to replace my current ball valve for the deck jets?

If I wanted to switch my pool to saltwater in the future can I add on to this setup or would I need something totally different?

Mike

Mallen,

You have two options.. You can add a SWCG later, but will need an external power supply..

Or you can buy an EasyTouch package that includes an Internal power supply, an IC40 SWCG as well as two actuators.

Before you go down that path, how about posting a few pics of your equipment pad, so we can evaluate how easy the upgrade would be..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.