Pentair ScreenLogic + Alexa Routines

compren

Apr 9, 2019
Spring, TX
I like Alexa, but I dislike how you need to remember the exact special phrase to get something to work. Therefore, I setup some routines that understand my simplistic linguistics (i.e. "Alexa, Hot Tub On"). I am sharing them here with y'all in the event there are other simpletons out there like me who just want the waterfall to turn on when we ask for it...

Alexa, Pool Status (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Clean the pool (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn on the pool lights (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn off the pool lights (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn on the Hot Tub (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn off the Hot Tub (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn on the waterfall (Alexa Routines)
Alexa, Turn off the waterfall (Alexa Routines)

A couple notes on these routines:
-Several of them have multiple activation phrases setup (i.e. "Alex, Pool status" and "Alexa, what's my pool status" both work). You can dig into the routine once you install it to see the activation phrases.

-Your circuits may have different names than mine, so you'll need to look at your ScreenLogic application to determine your circuits and adjust the routine as needed.

We'll see how long these work. Pentair has broken the Alexa integration more times than I can count, and at one point was broken for 6+ months.

I like Alexa, but I dislike how you need to remember the exact special phrase to get something to work. Therefore, I setup some routines that understand my simplistic linguistics (i.e. "Alexa, Hot Tub On"). I am sharing them here with y'all in the event there are other simpletons out there like me who just want the waterfall to turn on when we ask for it...

-Several of them have multiple activation phrases setup (i.e. "Alex, Pool status" and "Alexa, what's my pool status" both work). You can dig into the routine once you install it to see the activation phrases.

-Your circuits may have different names than mine, so you'll need to look at your ScreenLogic application to determine your circuits and adjust the routine as needed.

We'll see how long these work. Pentair has broken the Alexa integration more times than I can count, and at one point was broken for 6+ months.
These work Great!!

Any idea how to make a custom one to say turn on my Pool Lights AND MY Hot Tub Light? I tried adding a second custom action to your "Turn on the pool Lights" routine, but ALexa only allows 1 Customer action.

Thanks for setting up these routines and sharing them! For the pool lights on/off, I found it to be very fussy about the wording. Your routine tells pentair to "turn on the pool lights"; Alexa said there was no circuit called "lights". So I changed the wording to "Turn the lights on" (moving the "on" to the end) and it suddenly worked; same goes for "turn the lights off". Super picky!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.