Pentair ScreenLogic adapter help

Bgrant

Dec 20, 2021
Sebastian FL
I just bought a house with pentair controls.
My issue is with the Screen Logic system that does not work.
The previous owner left the screen logic protocol adaptor and wireless interface.
When I connected everything to my home network, all the lights worked (red light on PA on and Tx/Rx lights flashing on the wireless interface and also on the antenna).
When I open the screen logic iOS app and try to connect it shows: Searching for system controller.
When connecting using the PC app (as admin on windows 10) the white box is blank. It does not see anything.
I called pentair support and they had me hit the reset button 3 times and nothing.
they concluded the PA needs to be replaced.
I contact the previous owner and they said it worked fine before they moved out.
Without knowing the PA’s ip there is no way to see it on the network.
After reading for hours on TFP I see a lot of issues with PA’s losing communication when the router is changed. I believe this is my issue and do not want to spend $400+ unnecessarily. There must be some way to reboot the PA back to default settings (the 3 resets presses clearly do not work).
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

The ScreenLogic PA is an old dumb box. It has taken some folks multiple tries pushing the button 3 times before they got one to take. So keep on trying. You may get lucky.

If you can find out from the previous owner what their DHCP IP range was then you may be able to reset it as described below. Try all the IP adresses in the subnet.

Last edited:
Lol. Or an alternative that’s not so ridiculously overpriced.
The remote bit the dust , victim of old batteries on the pc board.
and this thing. Ugh. Surely there is a program that will scan a switch for Mac addresses instead of IP addresses. I searched and saw that some computer person has figured out some of the JavaScript code these use to communicate. Pentair really should be ashamed of this $700 brick.
I guess until there’s competition for them, this is the way it will be. Remotes for relays have been around a long time , surprised no one competes with them for business.
I am friendly w the person who sold us the house, and he said they used Comcast/xfinity, just as we do. I tried that IP address, but had no luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.