Pentair Screen Logic Schedule / Egg Timer Help

Something is wrong. I tried it on my system first.

My Pool Circuit is set for 8 am until 8 am. I scheduled the Spa circuit to come on at 5 pm and turn off at 630 pm and that is exactly what happened. When the Spa turned off the system went back to the pool mode.

Show me your schedules..

You can't schedule something a few minutes before it should happen. Try it again a little bit further out in the time.

Keep in mind the ScreenLogic only updates at certain times or after certain actions. A lot of things are not instantaneous. It is not like a real computer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Dirk
I'm just so new to this I'm not totally sure what you are asking.
Your automation controller is the big, tan box that is bolted to those two metal uprights. In your pic, we can only see the back of it. You mentioned "All I have is the phone interface and small readout on equipment." The phone interface belongs to ScreenLogic. ScreenLogic is an add-on "accessory" to your automation controller that gives you a more "human readable" interface, and one that can be seen on a computer or smart device. The "small readout" is the screen on your automation controller. If you don't own ScreenLogic (it's optional), then you'd be stuck trying to program all this stuff using just that tiny screen! Take a picture of the face of big, tan box, with the door open, so we can see the small readout and all the buttons and the name of the thing. You most likely have an EasyTouch 8, from the looks of it...

Last edited:
And for what it's worth, your confusion is not all your doing. The fact that you can program all those schedules, when only 12 will work, and the system doesn't prevent you from doing that, is entirely Pentair's software engineers' fault. Or that the egg timers count as part of that 12. Or that to make an egg timer not count you must set it to 12! Huh?!? All this stuff threw me for a loop, too, as it is very counterintuitive. It takes a while, and usually Jim or Marty helping, to get the hang of it all. To be honest, I still struggle with the programming, which is why I asked for help for you. And still do for myself sometimes!

Last edited:
J,

Did you originally set Pool to 8 am to 8 am or did you do 8 am to 7:59 am..

It needs to be the same start a stop time to run 24/7.

I tried my system again and it still switched to Spa and then back Pool as it should. I did switch for an hour or so, I did not try just 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

J,

I tried five minutes, and it worked just fine.

Just to be clear.. Pool is set up for 8 am until 8 am.

Then Spa is set up for 11 am until 11:05 am
Then Spa is set up for 2 pm until 2: 05 pm
Then Spa is set up for 5 pm until 5:05 pm
etc, etc.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.