Pentair sand filter valve port layout and install

Sep 21, 2013
Seattle, WA
I'm looking to replace an old sand filter with a Pentair SD60 but I want to get an idea of what the plumbing will look like (i.e. make sure it will fit in the existing space) before going through the process of ordering the filter. Does anyone have a schematic or pictures showing the port layout of the valve? I've been unsuccessful in searching to find it.

Thank you.

The important part is to be sure the new filter will fit in the footprint available. Hooking up the inlet, outlet and backwash lines is the easy part.

Post a few pictures of your present equipment pad from a few different angles. Someone may be able to provide a few suggestions.

Thanks for the replies. I found the manual with the above excepts but the drawing of the valve doesn't match the product pictures that I can find, hence the confusion. My goal is to try and eliminate any elbows if possible while working within the constraints of the space (see picture for breaker panel location). Are there flexible pipes that can be used to make the connection from the filter to existing plumbing? I have enough vertical space for the filter and the current sand filter is ~23in in diameter so an SD60 will fit into the same diameter.

PXL_20230514_181219411.jpg
PXL_20230514_181248013.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.