Jun 3, 2020
SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

So I've been fighting algae for the past week and part of that was not having a proper test kit. Chlorine right where it should be for a SLAM. Problem I'm having is now how long its taking the filter to clean up the algae. I added some DE and in both Filter and Recirculate mode I ended up with a white cloud in the pool. So I'm now thinking there is a problem with my brand new filter valve...

It is a Pentair 262506 and I can not find any instructions on how to disassemble or re-assemble it online. Just the parts diagrams. Looking to open it up to look at the spider gasket and make sure none all of the plastic of the housing looks intact. It looks like dis-assembly and assembly is pretty straight forward.

Just curious if there was anything I need to look out for before digging to far into this.

Is this something I can do with it on the filter? Obviously pump off and open the drain to release some of the water?

Thanks!

Did and no problems. Interesting part is all of the fasteners were different tighteness which I did. Or expect from a new valve. No leaks from the valve before but was an interesting find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.