Pentair Rebel always goes to same position - and stays there

donl1150

Feb 17, 2020
estero fl
My pool was built in Jan 2020 and came with a Pentair suction side cleaner - the Rebel. For some reason, it roams the pool for a little while but then always winds up along the same wall in the same exact position and just stays there. The wheels are turning and it is trying to climb the wall but is unable. I would expect the wheels to reverse so it would spin around and go in a different direction but it doesn't.

I have taken the cover off and all appears well inside. No broken gears and no obstruction of any kind. Any idea why it does this and how I can fix it?

My Rebel wanders around for a while, and then rotates for a few seconds before wandering off in another direction. It never gets stuck to the wall. That's the purpose of that rotating maneuver, to keep if from getting stuck.

Or it might be an issue of adjustment (length of hose is a biggie, as is placement of its hose weight).

Either way, your first move is not to take it apart, but to call for warranty repair/replacement or adjustment, either from the pool builder (for adjustment or repair) or directly with Pentair, if the PB doesn't respond. If you bought it with other Pentair gear, from the PB, and he installed it, your warranty might be as long as three-years, certainly one year. If you bought it online and installed it yourself, it might only be 60 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.