Pentair Racer replacement bag (w/o velcro please)

alan623

Aug 18, 2020
Carrollton, TX
In my opinion, the velcro closing system the Pentair Racer uses is a horrible design. After a very short time, the velcro has so much debris stuck to it that I cannot get a good seal. As a result,, the top of the bag opens up and everything the Racer sucks up is blown right out of the top of the bag, back into the pool. The replacement bag from Pentair is very pricey so I'm reluctant to spend that much on a new bag with the same design flaw. Has anyone found a good replacement bag that works with the Pentair Racer that does NOT use velcro? Maybe a drawstring design or zipper? Looking for suggestions. TIA

Is your Racer still under warranty. When mine was I called Pentair and they sent me a new one. They know it is a poor design, just like the Racer
I'll have to check. The racer is about a year and a half old, so I doubt it's still under warranty. I don't mind buying a new bag, I just wish there was a replacement with a better design (i.e. drawstring or nylon zipper). Thanks!

In my opinion, the velcro closing system the Pentair Racer uses is a horrible design. After a very short time, the velcro has so much debris stuck to it that I cannot get a good seal. As a result,, the top of the bag opens up and everything the Racer sucks up is blown right out of the top of the bag, back into the pool. The replacement bag from Pentair is very pricey so I'm reluctant to spend that much on a new bag with the same design flaw. Has anyone found a good replacement bag that works with the Pentair Racer that does NOT use velcro? Maybe a drawstring design or zipper? Looking for suggestions. TIA
If it makes you feel any better I bought a velcro replacement bag for my Polaris and it terrible. As soon as I try to empty it into the trash the velcro closes so I have to dig it all out by hand each time. The zipper is a much better design I think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.