Pentair Quad DE Incompatible with salt-water?

AtlasAirborne

Jul 7, 2021
California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been running my pool for two years now with a SWCG (as a deactivated SWCG was present when I bought the house). I just noticed on the filter label that it's "Freshwater Only", but I can't find any information on that requirement online and can't think of why that might be. Any clues?

I've also been finding that my salt levels drop faster than one would expect - irregularly, but maybe 400ppm in a month on a fast-dropping month, despite there being no apparent leak in the pool. My understanding is that salt-wise, the system is closed outside of splashes and leaks, though, and I can't imagine how a DE filter would change that. I always change the medium, never bothering to backwash.

I'm also finding that my SWCG is re-throwing a cell-maintenance LED very shortly after acid-washing the cell, despite that performance seems fine (chlorine levels and bubbles), and this may just be the result of me rolling the dice on an open-box Amazon warehouse cell/controller.

A SWG "salt pool" is a "Freshwater Pool".

They don't want you using the filter for an Ocean water aquarium, as an example.

Or to filter some industrial waste fluid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.