Pentair QUAD DE Diverter

Beers5

Gold Supporter
May 4, 2020
Kansas City
Scrolling through the manual today looking for the part number to order new filters I noticed they have a different style device on the intake side. After further researching it prevents DE from settling to the bottom of the filter housing. Pentair Quad DE Pool Filter Diverter Assembly Retro Kit | 196024S that link has pictures showing the old vs the new just a couple scrolls down.

Wondering if this is worthwhile since I haven't been able to find any discussions on here about it. My filter still runs great, no complaints, just had not seen this before.

P/N 196024S

Scrolling through the manual today looking for the part number to order new filters I noticed they have a different style device on the intake side. After further researching it prevents DE from settling to the bottom of the filter housing. Pentair Quad DE Pool Filter Diverter Assembly Retro Kit | 196024S that link has pictures showing the old vs the new just a couple scrolls down.

Wondering if this is worthwhile since I haven't been able to find any discussions on here about it. My filter still runs great, no complaints, just had not seen this before.

P/N 196024S
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you have a VSP, when it starts at high speed the DE is supposed to be stirred enough to re-deposit on the cartridges. If you have a single speed pump it is always doing that. It might help at the lower speeds with a VSP. That is probably what it was designed for, low speed water.

Reactions: Beers5