Pentair quad de 80 issues

Post your number, we'll call you.....:roll:
Bdavis you think this is funny I have. Spare time to sit here and play games I’m just trying to help others not make a bad choice you you don’t have to sit here and tear my posts. I’m a professional with over 25 years of technology experience in every field so I don’t really care who listens of who wants to talk back I’m just giving my 2 sense either you take it or you don’t that’s your call have a great day if anyone need any advice im here to help pm

Bdavis you think this is funny I have. Spare time to sit here and play games I’m just trying to help others not make a bad choice you you don’t have to sit here and tear my posts. I’m a professional with over 25 years of technology experience in every field so I don’t really care who listens of who wants to talk back I’m just giving my 2 sense either you take it or you don’t that’s your call have a great day if anyone need any advice im here to help pm
Oly I pm you l

Isn't that black pipe on the bottom of the filter supposed to be flipped over where the return water shoots down into the bottom of the tank? (At least my DE filter does, but I am not familiar with the water flow in that type of filter) If not, then I would not be surprised to have dead spot on the bottom of the tank.

the quad series had inlet on top and return on bottom its not the same a the grid filters setup so the plumbing is correct I had over 14 professionals all come out and see it with there eyes open shocked .they asked all the same questions that others said did you change the filters yes did you change the manifold yes I even got 2 brand-new complete units from a pool store and still the same thing and I even went to someones else house that had a same variable speed pump as well and setup the filter and paid him for his time and tested the setup over there and same thing and after all that pentair dropped and there manager supervisor never called back like they said they would and I called them 10 times and emailed them with all the evidence pictures and others with here emails pictures and video with the sam complaint and they ignored me so I reported them to bbb not for the money for there lack of customer service support and unprofessional staff . under warranty 4 months old product all I told them was hey man you guys may millions I'm a unhappy customer that found your flaw I been going nuts testing spending my own money and calling you out all I want a Fns plus filter or a clear cartridge filters anyone and take the back they said no have a god day sir bye was there last email from them

anyways it is what it is I got a Hayward and it's working great trashed the quad 80 and ran into some pool guys who told me they hate it it was a fluke system that pentair released and it went down hill soon and no one likes to use them fns plus is the best de filter and my favorite from back in the days 4000 series other then that Hayward has come up and the customerservice is the bomb

The center pipe is an internal air relief. It should have a screen. Was the screen on every time?

pentair-4600-285503-1.jpg

What was the pump speed at startup and operation?

Do you have a better picture of the system?

yes I even went and got a new one as well remember I replaced 3 brand new filters as welling just parts out of the box quad de 80 brand new ones she issues truth me I did it all it took-away family time 4th of July weekend because I'm taurus and technical love challenges and came to conclusion and proved them wrong . 4 week of disaster I was going crazy Believe me there is nothing and I'm mean nothing missed out its a simple setup just a junk design with the pipes pic white homdepot sprinkler pipes awful design the manifold top housing awful design the air breath never seen a more horrible design then this from pentair so lets stop no more questions I'm here to help and let you know to stay away thats all I'm fixed and all good now and so are the 15 people who had to take a hit and go get a new filter but some couldn't afford it so there waiting to save some cash or at least try to sale that junk the end

Ok, I don't think that your experience is typical for this filter. I don't know why it didn't work for you. I'm glad that you found a filter that you're happy with.
its s simple setup nothing to do with experience I've owned pools since 1991 and never had any issues I even called my pool builder and he told Me not to get that junk his heard its nothing but issues stay with Fns plus

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.