Morosco79

Apr 16, 2022
Kerman CA
Hello,
I just got a new swimming pool recently and my pump keeps losing its communication to the controller. This is a brand new system barley over 30 days and i have to keep tripping the breaker off and back on again for the pump to start working.. I have read other threads about this and it seems like it could possibly be a wiring issue but i just want to confirm with you folks before i attempt to make any changes. My pump conduit is the last one to the far bottom right of the panel and its looks like its is wired to the top right relay. Does this need to be wired directly to the 15 amp breaker that the transformer is wired to?

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 10

It is hard to see where each wire goes, but here is a very simple test.

With the EasyTouch in the AUTO mode, at the main EasyTouch panel, use the "Mode" button to put the system into the Service mode.

The pump should shut off. Wait about 1 minute and then go look at the pump's display.. It should show RPM or similar display. If the pump's display is blank, then your pump is not wired correctly.

Let us know how the test works.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It is hard to see where each wire goes, but here is a very simple test.

With the EasyTouch in the AUTO mode, at the main EasyTouch panel, use the "Mode" button to put the system into the Service mode.

The pump should shut off. Wait about 1 minute and then go look at the pump's display.. It should show RPM or similar display. If the pump's display is blank, then your pump is not wired correctly.

Let us know how the test works.

Thanks,

Jim R.
So I tired what you suggested and my pump did have a display “0 RPM” because the pum p shut off. Also I will add that I get another alert indicating my salt water Chlorinator lost communication as well. Of course this also clears after I trip the breakers.

The good news is that both your pump and SWCG transformer are wired correctly. You should get a SWCG com lost when in the Service mode because when the pump/filter relay turns off, it will shut off the SWCG.

It appears you have the Pentair breaker, so I have no clue what the problem is.

Noise from the IntelliFlo pump can cause random trips of GFCI breakers, but... that is why you have the Pentair breaker you do, as that almost always solves the problem.

I suggest that you call your pool builder and have them fix the issue. I don't see anything that they did wrong, but something is tripping the GFCI.

Just to make sure... I "assume" the top breaker is the one that pops.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.