Pentair pump/ filter low psi/New

Apr 30, 2018
louisville
Hey people. First post. So I just had my new inground pool installed turned on. Looking good. I'm waiting on the tf-100 test kit to get grip on what Im doing. Question about my psi. With a new filter im runninf 2 psi. Everything seems fine. Plenty of flow with no air in system. Can this low of psi be normal. My setup in 11,200gal rectangular inground. Pentair 3/4hp pump pentair CC200 filter. The builder has yet to come by and do "Pool School", Thanks guys!

Mike

Mike,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "How do I get a grip?" new pool questions.. :shark:

At this point I would not worry about it.. Just make sure to point it out to your Pool School Instructor.

It will not hurt anything as long as you have good flow.. For reference, most of the time I run my pump at 1200 rpm and my filter pressure is 2 to 3 lbs...

During your Pool School, pay close attention to anything mechanical... how to clean the filter, how to empty the pump basket, how to empty the skimmers, etc... Take everything they say about chemicals and testing with a large grain of salt.. We do a much better job on chemicals than most pool builders... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.