Pentair Power Center 520556 blowing fuses with cell disconnected after power outage.

nether

Jun 16, 2020
Texas
We had a power outage. Afterwards my Pentair power center when powered on instantly blows the 10 amp fuse. It does so with or without the cell attached. I assume the pcb is bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I disconnect the two red leads coming from the voltage transformer, the fuse does not blow. Once the two red leads are reconnected, the fuse blows. I assume this would mean my voltage regulator is bad. I show that as part number 520722. Can anyone chime in and let me know if I am on the correct path, or am I looking at just replacing the entire unit?

Gotcha. I did find a complete unit for $312 shipped, which I may do, just to be certain. Then I would have a backup transformer and enclosure. I will let you guys know the results either way. Thanks for the input.

We had a power outage. Afterwards my Pentair power center when powered on instantly blows the 10 amp fuse. It does so with or without the cell attached. I assume the pcb is bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you point to where this fuse is located for you? I cannot find where mine is located for the Pentair IC40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.