Pentair pool light flips gfci instantly

You have a ground fault in the light tripping the GFCI.

What specific model light?

Moisture could have leaked into the wire or junction box.

Pentair pool light flips gfci instantly in spite of changing breakers.No moisture inside fitting. If I wire it directly and bypass the gfci it will stay lit. Main breaker is rated 25 A as is also the gfci.What couldbe the problem?
@pflood4150
If you're not able to resolve this issue correctly or you find that you are not comfortable performing this critical type of pool electrical work, let me know. I know of a really good independent and licensed pool electrician here in the Phoenix metro area that specializes in pool lighting issues. He is highly recommended.

I probably don't need to remind you of the fact, that a pool light flipping a GFCI is not something to be taken lightly or something that should be "MacGyvered".

I'm always reminded of the tragedy that occurred here a couple of years ago when a woman came home to find her husband assuming "pool temperature". She told the investigators that he was ONLY trying to fix a pool light electrical issue.

Yea, a bit melodramatic but it helps to make my point if you know what I mean. :thumleft:

Take care and be safe...
r.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.