Jul 13, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Luckily I was home and heard the water gushing! It appears the drain plug for my filter popped off. At least I think it was that. The pool builder just opened it for me on Monday. I’ve since put the plug back on (see photo) but my questions are:

How tight does it need to be? It keeps turning, should I keep going.

I’ve shut off all the valves and pump but lost a lot of water, not below skimmer. Do I need to just prime the pump and start it back up?

Attachments

• 532062BD-FF34-4148-82C8-68B2F9338BEB.jpg
    532062BD-FF34-4148-82C8-68B2F9338BEB.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 39
Moses... quite the flood you've got there.... I guess that was your buddy Noah wasn't it. :p

Sounds like it is stripped to me... it should stop turning..

Sounds like your pool builder stripped it when opening. I'd let him know and see if he will make it right...

Could try a few layers of Teflon tape, but I'd be worried that it pop off when I was not at home...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks like it’s sitting crooked. Probably cross threaded. If the plug is stripped, that an easy fix. If the hole is stripped, that’s a bigger deal.
You might be able to tap it with a 1.5” NPT tap, but that’s only going to work if the threads aren’t too bad.

It’s fixed! I got my builder on the phone and told them what happened. They admitted their guy must not have tightened it when they opened the pool.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.