Pentair Minmax NT pool heater problem

Jul 30, 2016
Orand Park IL
Hello. I have an old minmax nt heater that is giving me problems. I have tracked the problem down to the vacuum switch not closing. If I jump the switch, everything works as it should. I disconnected the hose from the blower fan and sucked on it, the switch closes as it should. I tried cleaning out the nipple on the fan, but it seems to be clear. I can't find any hole in the hose. I put a new clamp on the hose, but still, it isn't pulling the switch closed. I replaced the blower fan squirrel cage last year, and the fan is moving a lot of air. As I said, this is an old heater and on it's last legs. The burner chamber is pretty rusted and it really should be replaced, but I don't have the cash to swing a new heater this season. Any ideas as to why the blower wouldn't be pulling enough vacuum to close the switch? I'm going to pull the fan tomorrow and see if maybe there is a hole in the housing, or that nipple isn't truly clear. thanks,
bill

If the switch closes as it should when you sucked on it, I would have to think the switch is good then, maybe. However, I suspect you have an issue with the blower motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.