Pentair Microbrite led failing

MGA

Aug 16, 2020
St Augustine Fl
I have a very small fiberglass pool 8x16x3.5 I think it is the San Juan Sedona model
I have one Pentair Microbrite light thats seems to be failing its not as bright as it once was and the white setting does seem as white as it used to be its more of a greenish white light
Is this a sign that the light is beginning to fail?
It was installed with Intermatic PX100 transformer and standard wall switch
The wall switch controls the modes of color as I recall flip the switch 11 times to get the white light
I was curious to see how much it cost replace the bulb
I was completely flabbergasted at the price…$409!
Are cheapers brand out there that will fit and work the transformer and color changing light switch?
I looked on the forum but basically came away confused!
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thank you

I am really for something cheaper
And do I need the special Pentair Tool part # 620459 to remove the light or I use something else to remove the light?
If you replace with another microbrite, the tool comes with the light. If you replace with something else, the service tech that replaced 2 of mine under warranty just used a screwdriver into the face and light taps with a hammer to get it to spin. It cracked the lens but was being tossed anyhow so he said it did not matter.

Ahultin
Hammer and screwdriver—I figured that would work
I still searching online for the tool
Maybe I’ll try pool stores locally
I was taken aback at the price for a replacement light
My pool is 3 years old and if I can find a pool light thats even cheaper then CMP and Sunseeker I will adapt it and replace the Microbrite
My Microbrite it seems to be working althought it has dimmed over time and can’t get a good white anymore so I thinks it on it way out
Maybe I should throw the breaker on the pool and see if thats resets it
I remember doing that a short while ago and nothing improved but I’ll try it again

Ahultin
Hammer and screwdriver—I figured that would work
I still searching online for the tool
Maybe I’ll try pool stores locally
I was taken aback at the price for a replacement light
My pool is 3 years old and if I can find a pool light thats even cheaper then CMP and Sunseeker I will adapt it and replace the Microbrite
My Microbrite it seems to be working althought it has dimmed over time and can’t get a good white anymore so I thinks it on it way out
Maybe I should throw the breaker on the pool and see if thats resets it
I remember doing that a short while ago and nothing improved but I’ll try it again
If it's only 3yrs old I'd try calling pentair to see if they woukd warranty it since you are potentially right at the edge. You may need to pull it first to get the serial number if you never registered it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.