Pentair Master Temp 400 problems possible control board?

themiskateers

Jun 30, 2017
Angleton/Texas
Let me first start off with saying the unit is close to 10 years old. Came home on Friday last week and noticed a stream of water coming out of the water pressure switch (42001-0060S). Looked to be the seal had rusted through letting water escape. Replaced sensor on Saturday to only fire it up and then got error code E06 and a SFS light on the back of the control panel. Ordered and new SFS (42002-0024S) and replaced it yesterday. Turned heater on through the the intellitouch control panel and nothing happened. I held down the the on/off button and seen it was set to AD0 and SF0, changed it to SF1 ( not sure what the diffrence is between SF0 and SF1 is) and heater rebooted and started working. After it turned on noticed that the water temp on the display on the heater itself was showing 97 and the water temp on the control panel was showing 78. I can manually raise temp on the heater to 100 and it will fire up and run. When i try and change the temp on the control panel it will not. I am assuming that the Thermistor (42001-0053S) is bad now. Am i missing something here, seems like every sensor is going bad one after another! I will get another Thermistor in the next day but i am curious to way the intellitouch is not synced with the heater it self. I have the temp for the heater set to 86 on the intellitouch which it should make the heater come on becasue the water temp on intellitouch is at 78. And the heater itself shows 92 and the water temp on the heater is at 97. Is i possible that i have another issue making everything go out or is it just my bad luck lol. I have looked at all the wires and i see no evidence on damage. Is there a procedure to sync the control panel back up to the heater itself? Any help would be helpful:scratch::scratch:

The MasterTemp panel and the IntelliTouch panel operate independently. They do not synch up. They each have their own independent temperature sensors and displays.

The temperature on the MasterTemp should be set to max temperature of 104 and the IntelliTouch will control the heater.

It sounds like you have a bunch of corrosion problems in the heater and it needs a good examination.

Ok any other ideas? I changed the Thermistor out today and no change in the temperature it is reading on the heater itself “97”. The control panel is reading 80. The heater works but the temperature do not read the same. I have installed a new temp also for the panel and I know the pool is not 97 degrees. Please give me some direction on anything else that could be wrong! About to pull my hair out

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.