Pentair light upgrade to color changing LED

Jan 12, 2018
Frisco TX
Good Morning,

I recently moved into a home with a pool. I noticed that the glass lens was removed from the pool light housing. I found a brand new Pentair pool light w/ cord (P/N 78458100) boxed in the garage. The specs are as follows: AM SS 500W 120V 50'. There was also a small bulb and a Magic Lighting Remote Controller. The remote does not appear to be brand new. As for the bulb, I am unsure.

My goal is to install a Color changing LED bulb into this housing. However, I'm not sure what bulbs are compatible. I would prefer another remote option as I do not want to wire a controller. Or if the lights cycled thru colors that would also be ok. My pool is about 15K gallons. Based off of the light housing location, I would assume a wide projection bulb would look best. Any suggestions for bulb replacement? Or do I need to purchase another light assembly. If so, what do yall recommend? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.