Pentair Legend II keeps going on its side

yeomanflood

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Sacramento, CA
I have a Kreepy Krauly Letro Legend II that is about 4 years old - it has worked fine for a pressure-side vacuum except that it gets stuck once in a while. Lately it keeps landing on its side and just staying there. I hadn't changed any of the settings. I tried adjusting the jet positions and double checked that the wheels are spinning freely. When it's moving its speed seems to be right given the pump settings and history. Any thoughts of how I can stop it from landing on its side? A repair kit costs at ~250 while a new one is ~390 right now so I'm wondering if I should consider just getting a new one.

Thanks in advance to everyone in this forum.

check the head float(big white thingy on the back/top near hose) it's what gives it balance.

take it off by pulling back while unscrewing it. Shake it. If there's water in it, throw it away and get another. Also make sure the back is empty.

- - - Updated - - -

also check the teeth on the front drive wheels as they could be worn out or down, so you may have to switch them with the back wheels, and may need to also replace the bearings too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.