Carrollton tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just wanted to leave this here, I found my booster pump unresponsive and REALLY hot. I turned it off and when it cooled I checked the shaft to see if it turned. It did.

The pump has a Start/run capacitor, mine had a genteq 97f9606. I hoped that was the issue and bought one from Amazon for $15.

Today I changed it out and the pump is working again. Woo Hoo. My near zero pool maintenance depends on this thing working ... Especially in April in Texas with the trees dropping stuff and the wind blowing.

When I removed it and looked close I saw the old one bulged at the top some. Didn't notice it when taking pictures to get part numbers.

Leaving this here for myself and anyone else that Googles the issue in the future.

Im no electrician but need to leave a warning here to NOT touch or short the capacitor since its designed to store electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.