Pentair Kreepy Krauly Rebel Pool Cleaner

I'd be curious to learn more about that claim, and who made it. Has anyone with any sort of gunk on their tile seen that gunk reduce after the start of using a robot? That'd be the only valuable input. I've never owned a robot, so my thoughts on the subject are merely conjecture. I would expect, at best, the function would be like flossing your teeth. You're never going to remove built up plaque by flossing, but "4 out of 5 dentists agree" that by flossing you inhibit the build up, sort of nipping it in the bud. Maybe robots can do that? I wonder if there is any definitive research, as in actual controlled testing, to prove the brushing by a robot is effective, bottom, sides, tile, etc, in any way. Or is it merely sales hype by robot manufacturers... and robot owners that want to justify their purchase. There's probably some of the latter going on with proponents of any type of pool cleaner, myself included. We all tend to praise what we own!
Just wanted to comment on I love reading these in depth replies and continued education! I agree with Joyful Noise you are a great writer.

In reference to the cleaner: we were supposed to get a Hayward sweeper with a new build (8/2021) but saw a rebel was delievered. We kept it and it has done a good job for 48' long pool. Sometimes there are bugs on the bottom of the shallow so we realized the tires were worn out and purchased these replacement tires https://www.amazon.com/ATIE-Replacement-Pentair-Warrior-Cleaner/dp/B08X9QBX7V for $18! and nice improvement. The tires should not have worn out so easily but $18 replacement of better tires was a very simple fix.

We also were very careful about the landscape planning to remove as much debris as possible from entering the pool. We removed several trees and majorly reduced bulk from those we kept. Our only real debris is the few bees and other bugs that fall in the water or land on our cover. I save those that fall in if I am actively near the pool or swimming. I use a tiny $10 shrimp net and have one at each end of the pool and have saved many little insects lives (https://www.amazon.com/Extendable-A...1_8?keywords=shrimp+net&qid=1660341460&sr=8-8).

Off to swim, maybe save a few bees, and enjoy my free redo of the interior finish with no pigment dyes to fade and the upgraded quality install (Pebble Tech Arctic White with Blue Luminous Glass Beads 6/2022) compared to the first installation 8/2021. Glad my builder has integrity and stands behind his promises. Ellen M

1. Thank you for the kind words, Ellen. If I made you go "Hmmm..." then mission accomplished.

2. My pool stays pretty clean, due to a very good landscape plan (not mine, the previous homeowner's). I think this is a critical component to lessening pool maintenance, and I'm grateful every day. Glad to hear yours is working out for you.

3. The few bugs I get are mostly bees. Poor little guys. But beware! I was pulling out of my skimmer basket the sock I use to add CYA granules. I was squeezing the sock. I hadn't noticed the bee that had hitched a ride on the sock, to save himself no doubt, but then he stung me as I was wringing, and that was it for him. RIP little dude.

4. Please show me where @JoyfulNoise mentioned that I was a great writer! Quickly, before he deletes it! I may need it for leverage someday!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
1. Thank you for the kind words, Ellen. If I made you go "Hmmm..." then mission accomplished.

2. My pool stays pretty clean, due to a very good landscape plan (not mine, the previous homeowner's). I think this is a critical component to lessening pool maintenance, and I'm grateful every day. Glad to hear yours is working out for you.

3. The few bugs I get are mostly bees. Poor little guys. But beware! I was pulling out of my skimmer basket the sock I use to add CYA granules. I was squeezing the sock. I hadn't noticed the bee that had hitched a ride on the sock, to save himself no doubt, but then he stung me as I was wringing, and that was it for him. RIP little dude.

4. Please show me where @JoyfulNoise mentioned that I was a great writer! Quickly, before he deletes it! I may need it for leverage someday!! :ROFLMAO:
Re Joyful Noise - it was his May 18, 2022 post in this thread. I interpreted it as a greater writer because I adore your stream of consciousness along with the humor and gifts of experience...when he wrote "Classic @Dirk … no one, and I mean NO ONE, can create a “stream of consciousness” post like him. He is like the Rain Man of long-form posts … “246 … d-d-definitely 246 …”. I took it as a very positive comments, but only he knows the true meaning. I, of course, am biased and like my interpretation!!

Yes RIP poor little bee. Your RIP story of the poor little bee, reminds me of being a young teenager and my older sister's boyfriend being in the yard when us younger teens found a dead bird and instructed us to go get a shoe box, piece of paper, pen, some sticks, rope, and a hoe. He then proceeded to find a spot at the very back of the yard, dug a grave, gently placed the bird in the box and placed into the grave, covered the grave, made a headstone, wrote a eulogy, and had us attend the funeral..to say the least we were all in tears and I was so deeply touched that 50 yrs later still remember it like yesterday, but can't remember much from today (ha ha). Off to physical movement..again. Ellen M

Reactions: Dirk
The “Dirk-bot” escaped from the lab far too soon before we could get his programming pared down to the essentials. At first we thought about simply bringing him in a wiping his memory clean but we realized that, as long as he simply paces around his backyard in his silk rob and speedos muttering to the potted plants and laughing at the squirrels, he’s really not a danger to anyone or himself. So we called off the black ops tac-team and just mailed him a laptop preloaded with a TFP account. It has been a fascinating experiment on the intersection of chaos theory and AI programming … ok, artificial “intelligence” is stretching it a bit but you get my drift …

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk
The “Dirk-bot” escaped from the lab far too soon before we could get his programming pared down to the essentials. At first we thought about simply bringing him in a wiping his memory clean but we realized that, as long as he simply paces around his backyard in his silk rob and speedos muttering to the potted plants and laughing at the squirrels, he’s really not a danger to anyone or himself. So we called off the black ops tac-team and just mailed him a laptop preloaded with a TFP account. It has been a fascinating experiment on the intersection of chaos theory and AI programming … ok, artificial “intelligence” is stretching it a bit but you get my drift …
Fascinating indeed! Thank you for the fun added to my new retiree lifestyle! Ellen M

Hey, wait a minute. How does anyone know about the silk robe and speedos?!? And I'm a bot?!? Well that explains a lot. 🤖

I, of course, am biased and like my interpretation!!
Me, too! ;)

to say the least we were all in tears and I was so deeply touched that 50 yrs later still remember it like yesterday, but can't remember much from today (ha ha).
Relating to both halves of that sentence!!

• Love
Reactions: Ellen M
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.