Pentair: Issues with Intellitouch automation, valve actuators, heater, thermistor sensors....

Spent this morning troubleshooting. Followed the serial cable from the panel to the pump closely, and there was some
Significant fraying of the serial cable (looks Like a squirrel chewed it. )The outer insulation was chewed, and two of the wires were exposed. When I separated these immediately the pump kicked on.

Goes back to saying that it was a wiring issue, but not
Loose at the com ports or
Panel.
Took a while to follow this wire, as all wires were zip tied together.

I’ll need to put it into conduit.
This happened with a light in front out our house, I’ve got critters that like cables!!!

O,

In theory your pump should be running..

You've checked all the normal issues and everything appears to be set up ok.

I saw a post the other day, where someone was having a similar problem and their fix was to set the pump back it its factory default status. Once they did that, and rebooted the system, the pump started working.

At this point, since we have tried everything else, I think it would be worth a shot. You can't hurt anything as you don't need any schedules in the pump itself if it is being controlled by the automation.

If this were my pool I would reset the pump to its factory default.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.