Pentair intellitouch: turn on spa, pump speeds up, but nothing happens at the spa

drw4013

Sep 17, 2019
SoCal
I have a Pentair intellitouch system. Today, when I turn on the spa overflow waterfall or the spa jets, the pump speeds up but nothing happens at the spa. Same ting with spa jets + heater...heater turns on - nothing at the spa.

This is the first time I have experienced this. I don't see any auto valves moving (assume that should happen when we fire up the spa+heater?) I am doing this at the panel to remove the possibility of a WiFi issue. When the pump speeds up, the extra pressure is being pushed into the main pool area, just at a higher rate - like the valves are failing to direct it to the spa? Also, it says my solar heating is turned on, but it sure doesn't sound or feel like water is flowing from it when I walk over to the pool solar.

System is showing auto an no error lights, etc. Pool guy was here yesterday.

Is it possible my pool guy forgot to flip something or left something turned off that would cause this? I haven't been able to reach him today.

Thanks.

Ok the toggles did nothing so I figured it was power of some srt. Ended up being the Valve breaker (low voltage). I only checked the main breakers. Thanks for the help.

3rd toggle (solar) still does nothing...not sure why.

That low voltage breaker should not trip. Something is going on with your system. If new, get the builder to do a warranty call.

I guess I need to have it checked out. It's a few years old and hasn't had this issue.

The lights on the panel that are usually on when in pool mode ('Pool' and 'Solar') are still on, but they are Red. I think they are usually Green?

I am not sure on an Intellitouch. On my Easytouch, they are Red if that Aux button is energized.

Found the issue - chewed-through low voltage wire was causing the Valve breaker to trip. I patched it together and all is working again. What is the best way to fix this long-term so it's waterproof? It's the low voltage wire with 3 separate wires (red/white/black).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.