Pentair Intellitouch PANELS

cmac

Feb 17, 2019
Central Florida
Hello,
Does anyone know the difference between the Pentair Intellitouch Service Panel (520396) and the Pentair Indoor Control Panel (520138) models? Does both panel types give the same access to your system and features? I know the Pentair Intellitouch Service Panel can be used by service personnel to help setup, customize, or troubleshoot an IntelliTouch system from the control panel at the equipment pad. It seems the Pentair Intellitouch Service Panel (520396) is a little less money than the Pentair Indoor Control Panel Panel (520138) which might mean less functionality?

Thank you any thoughts on this..,

The only difference is that the service panel loses it's memory when powered down (settings, programming, labels, etc.). This is a very important feature for the service person because you don't want your panel uploading the settings from the previous customers system to another customers system upon connecting.

If you want to save a couple of bucks, go ahead and get it. It will only be an inconvenience after a power outage. You will have to wait about 30 seconds for the system to upload all the settings, etc. to the ICP (indoor control panel).

To answer your original question, you will not loose any functionality getting the serviceman's panel

Perfect, I bought a brand new service control panel on eBay for $275. Also, I just received from eBay a used Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s Personality kit with Power Center (no SWG power supply unfortunately) and was surprised to see a 520508 part number on the personality board as it was sold to me as the Pentair 521224 IntelliTouch Personality i9+3S.

Does anyone know what exactly the differences between the Pentair 520508 IntelliTouch i9+3s Personality Kit and the Pentair 521224 IntelliTouch Personality i9+3S Kit? Apparently Pentair 521224 Personality i9+3S Kit replaces (supersedes, obsolete) the older Pentair 520508 Personality i9+3S Kit. Any thoughts?

Thanks again, you guys are great, love this forum!

Pentair has a part number for EVERYTHING! What you were sold was a kit or bundle. Two or more Pentair parts that get their own part number, that contains several part numbers within that dont necessarily get listed. If you wanted just the board, it would be a different part number (and not the one printed on the board BTW). The part number on the board, is just the board (no components). I've gone through this with Pentair. At some point, it gets ridiculous because it creates the problem you are experiencing (thinking you were sold something else).

Note: Replacements, Supercedings (is that a word?), and of course obsolete-ures, also get, or have new, or different numbers. IOW, if they make a change, it gets a new number. Your best off to look for a date to see how "fresh" the part is. They started putting "born on" dates on the part number stickers a while back, and that has helped (me) with identifying upgraded parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ogdento
I second Pool Clown's sentiment that the part numbers are crazy! One other thing I noticed is that when Pentair changed the arrangement of low voltage breakers on the bezel (now a 2x2 grid instead of the older 1x3 row), they also gave the personality kit a new part number, but the electronics (mainboard/personality board) remains the same.

On the main board has a sticker that shows version 1110 and a date 05/16/2008 if that helps. Now comes all the fun hooking everything up and testing. Will be flashing the firmware on both outdoor and indoor panels to the latest Intellitouch firmware 1.190.

Thanks again.

To clarify, i was referring to part numbers on the board in foil, not a sticker, that denotes a naked board part #. I wouldn't be too worried about having the latest firmware version unless it is real old. most firmware updates fix things that wouldn't impact end users a great deal. (it seems) Pentair treats firmware versions much like part numbers. Any change, is a new version.

I was going to leave my own system at 1180 but I noticed I couldn't set the stupid year past 2020! :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what happens when it rolls over, but they fixed it in 1190. Kindof a funny oversight... or maybe they didn't expect the boards to have such a good long run!?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.