Pentair Intellitouch control speed separate from valves

Aniraf

Nov 3, 2019
Gilbert, Arizona
I cannot manage to program my Intellitouch system the way I would expect it to work. I have a Superflo VS pump which from what I understand allows four speeds wired to the pool + 3 AUX terminals. In addition to that, I have two valve actuators plugged into AUX Valve A and AUX Valve B. In my mind, I should be able to control the speeds separately from the valves, however the Intellitouch system seems to disagree. When changing speeds under the pump settings in the ScreenLogic app, one of the two valves always goes along with it.

Is there a way to wire this so that I could remotely set speeds separately from valve position?

A,

The IntelliTouch is designed to control an IntelliFlo style pump, not the SuperFlo VS.. That means there is no link between the pump speed control page and the pump. Whoever installed that pump did not do you any favors... :(

To change pump speeds you have to select an Aux Circuit which tells the pump to run at speed X... I suspect that whoever programmed your system used the Aux Circuit to also turn a valve...

You can program your system so that selecting different aux circuits will run your pump at different speeds.. The downside would be that you would have to use a separate command to turn on the valve.. You might be able to use the macro command, but I have the EasyTouch, so not too familiar with their use.

Show me the following two ScreenLogic set up pages from your PC...

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thank you! I was wondering why there was no way to establish a connection between the two units!

So, essentially I figured out that I can run the valves separately if I establish two fake circuits. Right now I have it “working” where I can select from 3 speeds (one of my terminals is lights) which are each mapped to a pump setting (1,2,3). On top of that I have both valves mapped to the fake circuits. This allows me to control the speed and the valves independently.

The negative being that I don’t believe there is any way I can remotely shut off the pump. In this configuration it seems to be always running on setting 1 regardless of if the speed is selected or not.

The installer told me that he would have made different decisions had I have told him I wanted pool automation from the beginning. That said, he did an extremely poor job of explaining this stuff to me. Beyond that, I only recently realized that the system was wired incorrectly and that the app was configured in a way that was misleading. After spending a few hours with the manuals, I rewired it and as of this morning got it to this point where it is 95% of the way there.

it sounds like I should consider changing out my pump if I want to have the app respond in a full featured way. As it stands,I think it is okay to run the pump at a low speed 24/7, but I don’t really know.

A,

Just as a reference... here is a shot of the IntelliFlo pump speed set up page.. You can see where you can enter a speed you want the pump to run depending on the circuit that is turned on.. If two or more circuits are turned on, the pump will run always the highest speed..

Glad that you "almost" got it working the way you like.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yeah, I saw that setting and couldn’t figure out why my settings were not making it to the pump. Once I looked at the wiring diagram for the pump and the Intellitouch, I realized there is no communication between them. The pump only has the ability to be remotely triggered to turn on 1 of 3 modes. I am curious if the timing on the pump is still relevant and potentially still active.

A,

Not sure what you mean by timing?? Your automation should be able to turn the pump on and off as well as control 4 speeds... If I remember correctly, if the pump receives no input from any of the Aux relays, the pump will not run, If it receives say only Aux 1 it will run at whatever speed is set inside the pump for an input on the wire connected to aux 1.. If Aux 1 is shut off the pump should shut off.. If you have Aux 1 and Aux 2 on it will run the higher of the two speeds. As an example, if Aux 1 is telling the pump to run at 1200 RPM and Aux 2 is telling the pump to run at 1800 RPM and both aux circuits are on, the pump will run at 1800.. If you shut off aux 2 the pump will continue to run but at 1200...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.